If you're a regular - or even not so regular - user of Amazon, you can receive exactly the same Amazon service through Amazon Smile, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile donate 0.5% of the net purchase price of eligible purchases to our SCIO charity.
All you have to do is connect to smile.amazon.co.uk, select Peebles Rugby and Community Sports Club SCIO, and get shopping.
If you've a bookmark or favourite for amazon.co.uk on your desktop browser, simply change it to smile.amazon.co.uk - and remember it's .co.uk because the international/US sites won't find the rugby club.
One thing to look out for though: the mobile app for Amazon unfortunately won't work with Smile. The good news is that you can set up a shortcut to the Amazon Smile website that gives you a near identical experience to the app - and it's very easy to do:
- If you've got the app installed you should remove it. Don't worry - deleting it won't delete your Amazon account or any of your settings
- Load the browser on your phone - like Safari on iPhones, or Chrome on Android devices - and go to smile.amazon.co.uk
- For Apple devices, tap the share button on the bottom of the screen. Tap the 'Add to Home Screen' icon. You may need to swipe to the left to see this.
- For Chrome for Android, tap the menu button and choose 'Add to homescreen'.
You will now have an Amazon Smile icon on your home screen which you can use in exactly the same way you used the Amazon App.
Get shopping ... and donating!
* excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees.
Updated 14:49 - 18 Jun 2019 by Tony Leighton