Peebles Reds - The Reds - sponsored by the Crown Hotel Peebles - take on Gala YM at the Gytes this Friday, 8th February. Kick off is at 7pm, and the Reds will be hoping to extend their rich vein of form further in to 2019.
Weather was the winner last week– all of last weekend’s scheduled fixtures fell foul of the frost and snow. However last Friday night a good number of Peebles OAPees and supporters enjoyed a ‘mini’ race night organised by the inimitable Jim Currie to raise funds for their trip to France later in the year – having first watched the enthralling match from the Stade de France.
Colts – On Friday 8th February the Colts will once again attempt to get their Border Cup tie with Melrose Wasps played under the Hay Lodge lights – kick off is at 7:00pm for Colts fans.
Piranhas News - Not quite a polar vortex but definitely a bit parky at Hay Lodge on Sunday so some of the sessions were off. Hopefully the weather will play ball this Sunday, but if there are any further cancellations we will email and put a message on Facebook.
High School rugby continues regardless at 9 and 10. Either way, bring appropriate kit and think about getting your hands on some gloves. Best place for them I guess.
Six Nations – The six nations continues tomorrow afternoon and as usual all matches will be shown in the Eastgate Clubrooms on the big screen.
- 9th February – Scotland v Ireland 2:15pm Italy v Wales 4:45pm. Food will be available during the afternoon.
- 10th February – England v France 3:00pm
- 23rd February – France v Scotland 2:15pm Wales v England 4:45pm
- 24th February - Italy v Ireland 3:00pm
- 9th March – Scotland v Wales 2:15pm England v Italy 4:45pm
- 10th March – Ireland v France 3:00pm
- 16th March – Italy v France 12:30pm Wales v Ireland 2:45pm England v Scotland 5:00pm
Staff Wanted - Bar staff wanted - mostly weekend work just when needed. Also the club is looking for a couple of kitchen people again mostly weekend work and just when needed. Contact Andrew Shortreed on 07772834483 for more details.
Updated 13:33 - 13 Feb 2019 by BEN GLASGOW