We will, through rugby, create a positive, inclusive environment in which to develop young people, by valuing:
- Friendship & Respect
- Inclusion & Involvement
- Enjoyment & Fun
- Ambition & Competition
Our Coaching Philosophy is to
- enjoy playing rugby, by promoting a positive environment
- develop players continuously, by learning both on and off the field
- compete, by setting achievable goals and learning from our mistakes
- achieve, by valuing teamwork and respect, and recognising that success is a result of persistent effort
The Core Values of Piranhas Rugby at PRFC are:
- All participants create an enjoyable environment by bBringing a playful attitude to Piranhas, and by respecting the rules and spirit of the game
- Coaches create an environment by getting to know the personality of the individual players so can support and develop the individual
- Coaches incorporate playful intention to coaching and game preparation
- Accepting and respecting members of your team of all abilities. If somebody makes a mistake they receive encouragement. If they do something well it gets recognition and praise.
- Respect yourself by developing self control
- Respect the coach by listening and following instruction.
- Respect referees by communicating through the captain and accepting decisions even if they go against you.
- Development and nurturing of the individual and team is achieved by getting to know the characteristics and personalities of the individuals within the team.
- Develop can occur through the challenges of winning , losing, injuries etc or through more guided individual challenges set by coaches.